Have a maintenance question but not sure if its something that you can fix? Here are some commonly asked questions of our maintenance crew members that are easy things you can check before you may need to call for someone to come and check out the issue.
1. There is no power.
- Check your fuse box. You may have overloaded and trip the breaker. Check whether or not one has been tripped and reset if needed.
- Check appliances. Unplug them all if needed. Retry the power again.
- Contact your electrical company. There may be a trouble call in the area and your unit isn’t the only one affected.
2. The lights aren’t working.
- Try to replace the light bulb.
- Check your fuse box. You may have overloaded and tripped the breaker.
3. The garbage disposal is not working.
- Check whether it is turned on at the switch underneath the sink.
- Make sure it is plugged in.
- Reset the safety switch. It is a small red or black button underneath the bottom of the garbage disposal unit.
- There may be a blockage in the sink. Make sure the unite is turned off and unplugged before you try to check for blockages.
4. The smoke detector keeps chirping in my unit.
- You will want to replace the 9 volt battery that is inside the unit that is chirping.
- Once the battery has been replaced, press and hold the test button to the unit to sync with the other smoke detectors in the unit.
5. The dryer is not working.
- Dryers can automatically shut down due to overload of lint in the filter. Check whether or not the filter needs to be cleaned out.
6. There is an odor in the washing machine.
- Pour two cups of white vinegar into the drum, then run a normal cycle at high heat—without any clothes. The vinegar should break up any residue stuck to your drum and kill any mold that might be present and help remove any foul odors.