Moving out can be stressful, and we are so sad to see you go, but don’t stress out and follow these tips to a successful move out!
- Don’t forget to check your email! We will be sending you a move out packet with cleaning checklists and information on carpet cleaning, as well as a sign up link to pick your move out time. Getting a move out time scheduled is on a first-come first-served basis, so make sure you check your email for those updates!
- Use the cleaning checklist that is provided in your move out packet, that way you will know for sure what we are looking for at move out to avoid any additional cleaning charges. These checklists also provide replacement/cleaning charges.
- Do not take your keys or your parking passes with you, make sure they are present at the time of checkout. If you are unable to be present at the time of your checkout, contact the office to work with us on turning in your keys and parking passes so you don’t get charged for them!
- The carpets in your unit need to be professionally steam cleaned before your check out, so make sure to get that scheduled a few weeks in advance! We recommend having them steam cleaned at least a full 12 hours before your check out appointment.
- Don’t forget to check your unit for burnt out light bulbs, dead batteries in the smoke detector, and to check the drip pans on your stove. Replace the burnt out bulbs and dead batteries and clean the drip pans to avoid additional move out charges.
- When it comes to moving out, it is a great idea to bring your own cart or other moving supplies. Some of our properties do conveniently have carts, but you don’t want to have to wait on your neighbors to do what you need to do!
- If you are present for your check out, bring some cleaning wipes or a spray bottle and paper towels with you! Moving out is overwhelming and when you’re cleaning you may miss some spots that need to be grabbed. No need to be charged for them, clean them while we finish your check out!
- Have an old couch you don’t want anymore? Did you break that mirror trying to move it out of your room? We will have a roll-off dumpster provided at the properties for you to throw away your excess move out waste! For this reason, the garbage rooms and garbage shoots will be closed.
- Your security deposit return will be one check that is returned to all leaseholders, so make sure you choose which roommate will be in charge of getting the check mailed to them.
- Confused about the process or having issues with anything? That’s what the property ambassadors are here for, never hesitate to call us or come down to the office, we are here to help you!
We hope these are some helpful tips as you think about moving. For Roers residents in North Fargo, please contact us about our VIP Checkout Experience. This is a program that will let you move out with NO stress! Contact a Property Ambassador for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org.